The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania’s MBA graduation ceremonies recently featured keynote speaker, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the two-time Emmy Award-winning host of the Emmy Award-winning and nationally syndicated “The Dr. Oz Show.” He highlighted his “Top Ten Tips for Success and Happiness.” We loved them so much we thought we would share them with you!
1. Make the driving force in your life love, even more than wisdom. Humans die, not of darkness, but of cold.
2. Live in the present. Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why they call it the present.
3. Never forget that the body is the temple of the soul.
4. Recognize relationships need to keep growing and partners should positively influence each other.
5. No one is a jerk on purpose. Let people surprise you.
6. Whatever you choose, do it fully with a passion and child-like enthusiasm.
7. Find a mentor, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, and copy their positive attributes.
8. Develop a system for living your life, meeting challenges and evaluating opportunities.
9. Generate an expertise in an area other than the profession in which you earn your living.
10. Every day feel productive and challenged in a way tailor made for your unique desires and strengths.
Watch the full commencement video here (Dr. Oz segment starts at 21:20):